Cookmate Cookery School in Worcester, UK has officially launched. The school is set above the well established Cookmate shop in Broad Street, the owners Caroline and Andrew Gregory have recently converted what was once an upstairs storage space into a beautiful school for budding food enthusiasts to learn new recipes, knife skills, and generally, to have fun with cooking.
HOW DOES IT LOOK?
I have to say they have nailed the interior, it’s right up my street, it boasts clean lines, wood, marble and muted grey colours throughout. Everything looks so fresh and there is tonnes of space for groups or parties to come and enjoy the lessons. It is separated into two rooms, both fully equipped with everything you need. If you have any celebrations coming up like milestone birthdays, hen/stag dos, or just want a fun/different night out with your mates then this would be perfect.
THE CHEFS AND CLASSES?
So there are a few different chefs that teach these classes, we had the lovely Paul Bough who made the lesson super fun and very laid back, he taught us how to make focaccia ,which was so quick and simple, I’ve made it in the past but none of which turned out as good as the one I made with Paul, it was delicious! There are a few options you can choose from for your lessons, like what sort of class you want, you can learn how to cook Asian, Indian, Italian, learn knife skills you name it there is something for everyone, perfect for beginners right up to the very knowledgeable chef, there is always room to learn more.
FINALLY, WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT?
I’ve probably already covered the top points of why you should look in to Cookmate Cookery School, but if you are still unsure then I have few more points to make to hopefully sway your decision.
1. IT’S A DIFFERENT DAY/NIGHT OUT – Bored of just hitting the pub with your friends or spending every last penny in the shops? Trying something different and learning a new skill is much more rewarding than spending a whole months wages on a night out, trust me!!
2. TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES – This is something I’m really passionate about, with more and more shops going into administration and people turning to internet shopping we need to shop local and keep our favourite shops in business!
3. TO MAKE FRIENDS – Not going in a big group but want to go on your own? Don’t worry, there will be more people on your course, a perfect way to make new friends or to just socialise.
4. IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS – If you would like to be more confident in the kitchen then a cooking school is a great place to start, who knows you might even be the next Masterchef!!
5. IT’S SO MUCH FUN – Well if this isn’t the best reason to go then I don’t know what is, I’m not going to lie, I was quite nervous going in, it’s the second time I’ve attended a cookery class and each time I’ve been a bit scared but I’ve always left feeling super confident and always had the best time, there’s no pressure to make amazing meals just to have fun and put all the skills you’ve learnt into practice.
So there you have it, If you would like to know more about Cookmate’s Cookery School or book yourself onto a course click HERE