It’s human nature to get bored of our surroundings, I know for a fact I do and if you’re anything like me then you love a good interior update, a bedroom switch around or a few cheeky purchases to bring your home up to date. I’ve teamed up with the lovely lot from Desenio to give my office a new lease of life, so wether you work from home or have your own personal space at work, here’s 5 ways you can get your office looking fresh AF!
1. Add wall art wherever you can! I’ve had a huge blank wall for at least 2 years, not out of choice but just because I didn’t know what to put there. I wanted a sofa bed for a while but the room just isn’t wide enough, then my big mirror lived there but it was just wasted space, nothing seemed to work until I moved my desk over to this wall and surrounded it with these beautiful Desenio prints. Adding prints to the wall added instant interest, a focal point in the room and I couldn’t be happier with the pictures I chose. My office has always had a neutral colour palette of whites, woods, greenery and tones of pink, so these gorgeous botanical inspired pictures just sit so well and tie all the colours together perfectly. I added six in a gallery wall style, the prints I went for were Pineapple Palm, Pink and Green Cactus, Pink Cactus Wall, Breathe, See the good, and Faces No1, If you want to grab yourself some awesome wall art head over to Desenio and use my 25% discount code:
“The code “katelouiseblog” gives you 25% off posters* on all of our sites between September 14th and 17th 2018, except for frames -/ hand picked collaboration posters”
2. Add greenery! Nothing brings a room to life quite like flowers or greenery of any kind. I am a plant hoarder so this comes as second nature to me as I have tonnes around the house but if you haven’t don’t stress! You can pick them up super cheap from garden centres or if you are prone to killing house plants, then there are so many fake plants that look very realistic on the high street. They add instant texture to a room and bringing nature indoors is a great look.
3. Declutter, declutter, declutter! I can’t stress this enough, if you work from home then your office is the first place you will be in the morning which means you need to keep it tidy at all times, there is nothing more stressful than going into your office and there is paperwork climbing the walls, clothes on the floor or everything thick in dust. I do an office declutter/tidy up at least once a month, I get rid of anything I don’t need in there, clear drawers out etc, then weekly I will do a spring clean, making sure everything is tidy, hoovered, dusted and all wires are put away, and then at the end of every day I will set 15mins aside before I switch off my computer to give it a quick tidy round and make sure it is clutter free and ready for the next day, (this is an excuse to finish 15 mins early and whack on some tunes, also a good way to de-stress at the end of the day).
4. Buy new stationary! We all know an office doesn’t work without stationary and constant note taking, the two go hand in hand. A good, affordable way to spruce up your office is to get yourself a few new notebooks, not only will these look great in your office, they will kickstart new ideas and give you inspiration. I love getting new stationary it always gives me a kick up the bum to get productive and like I said, makes your desk look super pretty.
5. Bring some scents in! It’s proven that certain scents can enhance your mood and productivity. I scatter my office with some of my favourite candles, at the moment I’ve got a beautiful masculine/woody candle burning so when I’m not feeling very productive on rainy days I light this and it fills the office will warmth and coziness. Rosemary scents are perfect for clearing the mind and lavender is great for reducing stress and anxiety, so if the workload is getting too much, get those candles lit!