With Christmas just 25 days away (Yep I have a countdown app on my phone, I’m that sad) it’s important not to forget our furry little friends. Most years I cram shop bought treats and toys into Betty & Burt’s stocking and end up spending a fortune on them, when in reality, they haven’t got a clue what’s going on and don’t care what they receive so I thought instead of bankrupting myself just on the dog’s presents this year, I would do something a little more sustainable and make my own treats, not only to give to my dogs but to friends and family’s dogs too. This super simple recipe takes no time at all and when presented in greaseproof paper and some twine can look really effective. Merry Woofmas!!
YOU WILL NEED:
1/3 CUP NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER (XYLITOL FREE)
2 TBSP FLAXEED (MILLED)
1 TBSP BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES
1/2 TSP GROUND CINNAMON
3 TBSP WATER
2 CUPS BROWN RICE FLOUR
- Add all ingredients into a mixer and blend until a stiff dough forms.
- Remove dough from mixer and knead for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4″ thick
- Use a bone shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes from the dough.
- Pop onto a greaseproof lined baking sheet and put in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees (fan)
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool. Wrap with a strip of greaseproof paper around the centre of the bones and finish off with twine or ribbon of your choice.
- Give to your favourite pooch this Christmas!!
There you have it! A perfect little stocking filler for your favourite pooch.
*Please remember to make sure the peanut butter you are using is Xylitol free!! Xylitol is a sweetener that is safe for human consumption but harmful to our furry friends so read the packaging ingredients before you buy your tub of peanut butter