Right, so you may have noticed some absence on the blog over the last month or so, I wanted to give you guys an update to what’s been going on, a little life update and explanation of my absence. A few weeks ago I got made redundant and long story short, I’ve been doing what I want to do, I’ve been having days out, lots of lie ins (we will get onto that later and just working out what I’m doing with my future and basically taking a bit of time out for me and only me! Might sound selfish but when something like this happens I think self care if the most important thing, I am a firm believer of everything happens for a reason so I’m not dwelling on it too much but I just wanted to write a little post to let anyone who’s going through any big life changes that it’s actually okay to take some time out.
A lot of the time in modern life we feel guilty for even sitting down or taking ten minutes out the day for a cup of tea, everyone is constantly rushing round trying to make the most money or get their next promotion, while these are awesome achievements, I feel that the pressure to be the next girl/guy boss is ridiculous so I’m here to remind you all to chill out, take some time out for yourself, grab a cuppa and things will happen in time for the right reasons. I’ve put together 5 things which I think will help you get that much needed “me time” you deserve.
1. It’s okay to sit/lie in bed in the middle of the day!
Oh yes!! This is one of my favourite things to do (although I have to be out before the husband gets home or he will think I’ve done nothing all day) Set yourself a time limit, crawl under that duvet and do whatever it is you like doing, scroll through instagram, do your emails (I love working from bed) or just watch another Netflix series, I know we are all guilty of this!! The lovely lot over at Leesa have made this even more tempting for me, I’ve been trialling one of their amazing mattress’ over this past month and I’ll admit….I’ve spent quite a lot of time on it! What makes this mattress special is the 3 layers of unique foams, you’ve got the cooling Avena foam top layer, the pressure relieving Memory foam and a dense core support layer which adds support to sleepers of all sizes. We absolutely love this mattress and it has certainly improved our sleeping routine, we used to do a lot of tossing and turning on our old mattress as well as being too hot in the night but with the Leesa mattress we have found a much more settled night’s sleep and cannot recommend it enough! It also looks really pretty, as you can tell, it is grey with white stripes and the fabric is lovely and soft, I quite often just lie on it when I’m changing the duvet covers just to feel the amazing texture. Leesa also donate one mattress per 10 sold to charitable causes which I think is such a nice thing to do and very much needed in the UK at present. They have given me a discount for you guys too, you can get £100 off your mattress using the code ‘KATE-LOUISE’ How amazing is that?!
2. It’s okay to eat the contents of the fridge!
Yep! I’ve done it countless times and I don’t even feel guilty. Grab those sharer bags of chocolates, get the crisps out, make a filthy sandwich, grab all the food (not forgetting the ice cream) and pig out, okay you might feel bad in the long run but at the time it’s amazing and we are treating ourselves right? Who cares about weight?
3. It’s okay to go outside!
This probably contradicts my other points but not everyone finds self care by sitting in front of the telly with food, we’ve got to cater for everyone you know? Put the social media down, get your coat on, and get outside. It might be just for a walk or if you’re feeling fit and full of energy then go for a run. I think we all spend far too much time on our phones/laptops so even if it’s half an hour out of your day or lunch break at work, it will bring a whole new frame of mind to your day and brings you back down to ground.
4. It’s okay to pester your friends and family!
Whenever I’m feeling stressed or anxious I always make time to call a loved one. Even for a quick chat, I’m constantly pestering my parents by ringing them in the middle of the day but I take great pleasure and comfort by talking to them on the phone. I urge you to take 10 minutes out of your hectic lifestyle to ring someone you love! Without sounding morbid, these people wont be around forever. (Sorry, that got a bit deep)
5.It’s okay to spend your entire pay cheque as soon as you’ve been paid!
C’mon, we’ve all done it and quite frankly, where’s the harm in it? Okay probably a lot of harm in it for me now that I’m jobless and winging my way through life but you’ve got to treat yourself and lets face it, how boring is it paying bills? All that money you’ve earned to line someone else’s pocket? No thanks, I’ll have 5 pairs of jeans, 4 new jumpers, some new trainers, a few bags oh and not forgetting, a brand new Leesa mattress 😉 Probably not the most sound advice I’ve ever given but if your self care comes in the form of shopping just go for it and enjoy it, life isn’t about paying bills!!
So to round this up, it’s okay to take some time out, don’t feel guilty, I don’t know about you but I’m off to lie on my bed for a bit!
I think you get the gist that I love the Leesa Mattress by now but if you need more reasons to pop one on your Christmas list, I’ve added some of my favourite things about it below:
- Our sleeping routine has changed dramatically, we used to toss and turn on our old mattress but we are so much comfier on this mattress! We both also complained of aching when waking up on our previous mattress but all those aches and pains have disappeared, the support in the Leesa mattress is amazing, all those different layers certainly do their jobs.
- When you get out of bed in the morning to make a cup of tea and bring it back to bed, the mattress has kept the warmth in so it’s like climbing into a big hot water bottle, massive bonus if you like to enjoy your morning brew in the comfort of your bed!
- It is super easy to assemble, the mattress comes packaged In a tall, thin cardboard box, all you have to do is open it up, take the packaging off, lie it on the bed and it will start expanding right away.
- You get a 100 night risk free trial so if you decide it’s not for you (this more than likely won’t be the case) they will come and collect it.
- Our first impressions were how much we loved how it looked, most mattresses are boring to look at but the Leesa mattress is chic with a scandi kind of vibe, being a huge interiors fans it is right up our street! Our final impressions still remain the same, we love how it looks, love how it feels, it is incredibly comfy and cosy and overall are thrilled with it!
Don’t forget, if you want to try the Leesa Mattress out then please make the most of my discount code “KATE-LOUISE” it will get you a whopping big £100 off, thank me later!
*This post was in collaboration with Leesa, they Kindly sent me their mattress to try out, all opinions, photography and ideas are my own.