Hands up who’s a sucker for breakfast? If the answer is yes then this recipe is for you, wether you are vegan or not you will love this tasty baked porridge recipe. I’ve been hunting for new breakfast ideas for a while now and came across a few recipes on baked porridge, I’m going to admit, I didn’t even know about baked porridge, I mean, obviously you have to bake porridge oats to get flapjack but I just didn’t put two and two together so decided to give it a go and this beautiful traybake was born.
YOU WILL NEED
2 cups Gluten Free Oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Almond Butter
2 tbsp Flaxseed + 5 tbsp Warm Water
1 Fresh Blueberries
1 Nectarine/Peach or Plum
Handful of Pecans (roughly chopped)
1. Make the flax Eggs by mixing 2 tbsp milled flaxseed with 5 tbsp of warm water. Leave it to set for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan/350F.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, salt and baking powder.
4. Mix in the milk, maple syrup, almond butter and the set flax eggs, then fold in the blueberries.
5. Transfer into a baking tray, then arrange the fruit slices on top and scatter over the chopped pecans.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
It is best served warm, but can also be enjoyed cold from the fridge.
Let me know what you think and if you try this Vegan baked porridge. It makes the perfect midday snack so why not try popping a slice in your lunch box for those bursts of afternoon hunger.