Most of us women have a ‘go to’ beauty regime that we follow. It might vary according to what we’re doing on a particular day, but for the most part, it’s easy to rely on a tried-and-tested formula. Sometimes, busting out of the ‘same old, same old’ is refreshing and rewarding. Here are some secret beauty tips that might not have occurred to you before.
The best secret beauty tips
· Mix your cleansing lotion with moisturiser. Break-outs and dry skin are often caused by your cleansing lotion. Make like a Korean fashionista and mix some good quality moisturiser into your cleansing lotion. This hydrates the skin, while ensuring the make-up is still removed.
· Use a straightener to get those beachy waves. While it’s great to have a specialist curler to create bouncy, sea-salted curls, you can achieve a good effect with your humble straightener. Start a third of the way down the hair, taking each strand in the straightener and curling it away from your face. Voila – instant curls!
· Get the designer scent for less. Rather than blowing a fortune on expensive designer fragrances, look for high-quality ‘inspired by’ versions. They smell just as great, but don’t make such a dent on your wallet. Good copycat perfume sites usually feature most of the bestselling designer fragrances.
· Tint your moisturiser. If you don’t want to wear heavy foundation, it’s easy to tint your moisturiser, simply by adding a tiny blob of foundation to it. This provides a much fresher, more lightweight look, which is ideal for relaxed daytime wear.
· Treat yourself to a foot-scrub. Summer is fast approaching, which means those feet need to get in tip-top condition. Don’t just focus on the toenails; give your whole foot some TLC. A foot-scrub is a great way to get rid of dead skin and make them feel softer and less calloused!
· Add a hint of colour. In the warmer months, you might not want to wear lipstick. If you still yearn for a bit of colour on your lips, apply a tiny bit of your favourite lipstick to your lower lip, then rub your chapstick over the top. This provides a subtle pop of colour, minus the all-over coverage.